Home Hollywood Hollywood Star Kevin Spacey Pleads Not Guilty After Being Accused of Sex...

Hollywood Star Kevin Spacey Pleads Not Guilty After Being Accused of Sex Attacks

29
0


Oscar winner Kevin Spacey has formally pleaded not guilty to sexual assault charges 17 years ago.

The 62-year-old Hollywood star stood in the dock at Old Bailey’s One Court, denying five charges related to three men, now in their 30s and 40s

Spacey, listed under his full name Kevin Spacey Fowler and appearing in person in court, has been granted unconditional bail.

Wearing a blue suit and blue tie with pink polka dots, he confirmed his name and date of birth as he spoke.

He then explicitly denied four allegations of sexual assault and one of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The crimes allegedly took place in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013.

At the time, Spacey was the artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London.

Judge Wall will begin his three- to four-week trial on June 6 next year.

The senior judge said the case would move to Old Bailey unless that date could be moved to Southwark Crown Court.

Further hearings will be held in early 2023.

Kevin Spacey arrives at Old Bailey, London
Kevin Spacey arrives at Old Bailey in London on 14 July 2022. (James Manning/PA)

The judge granted Spacey continued unconditional bail.

Spacey thanked the judge at the end of the 15-minute hearing.

The star is represented by defence lawyer Patrick Gibbs QC, Christine Agnew QC suing for the Crown.

The historic wood-panelled courtroom was packed with journalists sitting in rows of benches.

Meanwhile, a large group of photographers and TV crews gathered outside.

Spacey made no comment after leaving court as he was taken into a chauffeur-driven car with darkened windows.

The House of Cards star has an address in Waterloo, south London, but also lives in the US, where he has family and a nine-year-old dog.

At his first court hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court last month, Spacey’s lawyer Patrick Gibbs QC said his client “vehemently denies any criminal conduct in this case”.

Gibbs said Spacey returned to the UK “to prove his innocence” and “to move on with his life”.

The charges include two counts of sexually assaulting a man in his 40s in London in March 2005; sexually assaulting a man in his 30s in London in August 2008 and causing him Non-consensual penetrative sexual activity; sexual assault of a man in his 30s in Gloucestershire in April 2013.

The Crown Prosecution Service approved the charges against Spacey in May, but he could only be formally charged after travelling to the UK last month.

Spacey is a two-time Academy Award winner best known for starring in “American Beauty” and “The Usual Suspects.”

From 2004 to 2015, he was the artistic director of The Old Vic.

PA medium

follow



Source link

Previous articleI Was So Scared At First: Sargun Mehta Expresses Upon Her Bollywood Debut Alongside Akshay Kumar: Read
Next articleIs It a Bird? Is It a Plane? No, It’s a Flying Ferry

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here