Malaysia Airlines is one of the most popular and respected airlines in the world. With its low fares, excellent customer service and wide range of destinations, it is no wonder that so many people choose to fly with them. But, traveling with Malaysia Airlines can be a bit overwhelming if you don’t know what to expect. That’s why we’ve created this comprehensive guide to help you make the most out of your Malaysia Airlines experience. In this guide, you’ll find all the information you need to know about booking your flight, checking in, packing, and more. With our tips and advice, you can be sure that you’ll have a smooth and stress-free journey with Malaysia Airlines. So, let’s get started and explore the wonderful world of Malaysia Airlines!
What is Malaysia Airlines?
Malaysia Airlines is one of the largest airlines in Southeast Asia. Since its launch in 1972, it has taken passengers to over 100 destinations across Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Australia. It is also a member of the OneWorld alliance, which means that you can earn and redeem miles on any of the member airlines, including British Airways and American Airlines.
Malaysia Airlines has a fleet of 81 aircraft, including Boeing 777 and 787 Dreamliners, Airbus A330s, Airbus A350s, and Boeing 737s. It also has a number of lounges for passengers traveling in Business and First Class, as well as passengers with certain Frequent Flyer status levels.
The airline also has a few unique features that make it stand out from the rest. For example, it offers a 34-inch seat pitch in Economy Class, which is one of the best in the industry. In addition, it has a special Boeing 777-200ER aircraft called the MH 30th Boeing 777-200ER aircraft named Jubli that has an interior that looks like it’s straight out of a sci-fi movie.
Benefits of Flying with Malaysia Airlines
- Low Fares – While not all Malaysia Airlines’ flights have low fares, it does have some of the lowest fares in the industry. So, if you are traveling on a budget and price is a big factor for you, Malaysia Airlines is a great option.
- Great Customer Service – There is nothing more frustrating than dealing with rude or incompetent employees. Fortunately, Malaysia Airlines has a great reputation for having excellent customer service. Whether you are booking online or at the airport or you need assistance while you are on the plane, you will be assisted with kindness and professionalism.
- Wide Range of Destinations – Not only does Malaysia Airlines fly to over 100 destinations, but it also flies to a wide range of destinations. From popular holiday destinations like Bali and Phuket to more unusual destinations like Almaty and Kuala Lumpur, there is something for everyone.
- Boeing 777 and 787 – Malaysia Airlines has two types of aircraft that are especially luxurious and offer a great flying experience. The Boeing 777-200ER and Boeing 787-900ER aircraft have fully lie-flat Business Class seats and a First Class experience that is second to none.
- Members of the OneWorld alliance – As a member of the OneWorld alliance, Malaysia Airlines can be used to earn and redeem miles on any of the partner airlines, including British Airways and American Airlines.
Booking Your Flight
When you are booking your flight, you are likely most concerned about finding a low fare. But, when you are booking your flight with Malaysia Airlines, there are other factors you should take into account. When booking your flight, you should first decide if you want to fly in Economy or Business Class. Malaysia Airlines has one Business Class cabin that has fully lie-flat beds and is incredibly luxurious. If you want to fly in Business Class, you should book your flights as soon as possible. This way, you’ll ensure that you get the seats you want. When booking your flight, you should also take into account the routing of your flight. If you are traveling on a long-haul flight, you’ll want to make sure that you get enough time to rest.
Checking-in for Your Flight
When you are checking in for your flight, you should remember that you are responsible for everything in your bags. This means that you cannot pack anything that is not allowed.
What you can pack in your luggage The maximum weight for your luggage is 30 kilograms per bag. The maximum size for your bag is 158 centimeters in length, 70 centimeters in width, and 75 centimeters in depth. You can pack anything in your luggage that you need. This includes medicines and pets.
What you cannot pack in your luggage There are a few things that you cannot pack in your luggage. For example, you cannot pack liquids that are over 100 milliliters in size in your checked luggage. You also cannot pack sharp items in your checked luggage, and you cannot pack your bags with over $10,000 in cash.
Packing for Your Flight
When you are packing for your flight, you have to make sure that you are following all of the rules and regulations. If you want to make sure that you are prepared, you should take a look at this list of things you cannot pack in your suitcase.
What you can pack in your carry-on To be allowed to bring a carry-on, your bag cannot be larger than 40 centimeters in length, 30 centimeters in width, and 20 centimeters in depth. You can pack anything that you need in your carry-on bag. This includes your medicines and liquids.
What you cannot pack in your carry-on You cannot pack liquids in containers that are larger than 100 milliliters in your carry-on. You also cannot pack sharp items in your carry-on, and you cannot pack your bag with more than $10,000 in cash.
- Lavatory – When you are traveling in Economy Class, you have access to the lavatory onboard your plane. In Business Class and First Class, you have access to a special lavatory that is even more luxurious than the one in Economy Class.
- In-flight entertainment – In-flight entertainment is available in all classes of service. There are a wide variety of movies, TV shows, music, and games to choose from.
- Food and beverage – Malaysia Airlines offers a wide variety of food and beverage options on all of its flights. In Economy Class, you can choose from the wide variety of snacks and beverages. In Business and First Class, you can choose from a specially designed menu that changes with each flight.
Malaysia Airlines Lounges
Malaysia Airlines has a number of lounges at major airports around the world. These lounges are open to passengers with certain Frequent Flyer status levels, as well as Business Class and First Class passengers.
The Economy Class Lounge The Economy Class Lounge is located in Kuala Lumpur International Airport. It is open for 24 hours and is available to all passengers flying on Malaysia Airlines. The lounge features a variety of amenities, such as a buffet, WiFi, showers, and a children’s play room.
The Business Class Lounge There are a number of Business Class Lounges located at major airports around the world. In these lounges, you can enjoy a wide variety of amenities, including a buffet, WiFi, showers, and a children’s play room.
The First Class Lounge There are a few First Class Lounges located at major airports around the world. These lounges are open to First Class passengers as well as passengers with certain Frequent Flyer status levels. In these lounges, you can enjoy a wide variety of amenities, including a buffet, WiFi, showers, and a children’s play room.
Important Things to Know Before You Fly
- Carry-on luggage – When you are traveling with Malaysia Airlines, you are allowed to bring one carry-on bag and one checked bag. The maximum weight for your checked bag is 32 kilograms. Your checked bag must not be larger than 158 centimeters in length, 70 centimeters in width, and 75 centimeters in depth. The maximum weight of your carry-on bag is 7 kilograms.
- Seat allocation – When you are traveling on Malaysia Airlines, it is possible that you will not get a seat assignment when you book your flight. If this is the case, you can check in online to choose your seat. If you want to make sure that you get a seat assignment when you book your flight, you should select the seat when you make your booking.