The following list has things most people don’t know about Ridi, the singer, songwriter, and pop star of Indian heritage. Read on!
I truly believe that there are no limits when it comes to music. The great thing about it is that there are plenty of people who, despite their age, religion, gender, etc., find solace in music, even when they are experiencing hardship. I present one such example of a singer-songwriter who is Swiss-based: Ridi, who is of Indian origin.
Ridi is a young, creative songstress and a more skilled artist who has just released her much-anticipated new single, Merry Go Round, through PRO Music. This pop song features professional music industry icons like Mousse T, a Grammy-nominated music producer, and Diamond Duggal, a British Indian music producer. This rhythmic track discusses themes of diversity, identity, and life experiences. The song is a memorable fusion of uplifting and experimental melodies, pop-rock and driving lyrics, and charming Indian beats, and this gives an aesthetically colorful and mesmerizing tone.
The documentary has raised tempers among some in the audience through social media, but have you known that Ridi is only 18 years old?
You read it right! Let’s list some lesser-known facts about Ridi while she performs her new song, Merry Go Round.
10 Surprising Facts about Ridi
- Ridi has received formal training in jazz, classical music, and opera.
- Ridi was only eight years old when she discovered her passion for music.
- Ridi is pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering at London and simultaneously studying Chemistry.
- Ridi is a passionate advocate against bullying.
- Ridi is a huge fan of Michael Jackson.
- Ridi’s songs reflect her personal journey that covers a wide range of topics including heartbreaks, inclusivity, strength, self-expression, and emotional strength but with a fun and pop-funk Gen Z vibe.
- Ridi was the youngest speaker at the UNESCO World Anti-Bullying Forum in 2021.
- Ridi debuted her first single, Top Guy, when she was only 17 years old.
- Ridi launched Stop The B, the world’s first anti-bullying program. It focuses on racism, bullying, shaming, identity issues, harassment, cyberbullying, emotional bullying, and aftereffects of bullying. By creating awareness and breaking the negative stigma surrounding bullying, this platform also encourages victims and survivors to tell their stories.
- With more than 2.7 million views, Ridi’s song Top Guy became internationally acclaimed.
The Final Verdict
That’s it for now!
You can stream her newest single, Merry Go Round, on Spotify and YouTube. You won’t regret it. Trust us when we say that you’ll grow to love her immediately!
Here is her video, it’s a must see!